Account Sales Athlete Scouts
Location – Downtown Chicago, Il 60606
Salary commensurate with experience – base 27K with OTE (on target first year earnings over 40K)
Company will not consider relocation or sponsorship at this time.
Key points: Must have exceptional sales skills and have been a high school or college athlete. To be successful in the position, candidates should have exceptional phone communication skills, good listening skills, a competitive nature, and a background in and passion for sports. Candidate should have some experience with customer service OR have worked in a position that puts them in front o people often, like actors or service industry. Must be able to communicate well and have a competitive nature.
Summary: As a part of our sales team, you will provide preliminary scouting assessments to identify qualified prospects for college coaches. To be successful in the position, candidates should have exceptional phone communication skills, good listening skills, a competitive nature, and a background in and passion for sports.
You are the first touch point for our student-athletes and their families who have reached out to our client. You are responsible for qualifying prospects academically and athletically, uncovering a family’s recruiting needs, while also educating the family on how our client can assist them through the difficult recruiting process.
Finally, your goal on each phone conversation is to schedule qualified families with a full evaluation interview by an Account Executive and prepare them for the exciting tools and benefits that could be unlocked with a paid membership.
- Former college or high school athlete or coaching experience strongly preferred
- Passionate about sports and helping people
- 1-3 years of professional career experience, ideally in sales
- Basic knowledge of 28 different Olympic sports
- Ability to work a flexible schedule – some nights/weekends
- Experience with customer service OR have worked in a position that puts them in front o people often, like actors or service industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree Strongly Preferred
- Highly self-motivated
- Competitive – results-driven with a track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent phone communication and listening skills
- Outgoing personality with great energy and phone presence
*” Who Do You Know That Might Be Interested In This Exciting Career Opportunity*
OK, Now, Tell Them!*
*Dream Job, Next Exit!*
Candidate Career Interest: Please send your resume as a MS-word (.doc) or PDF attachment along with a short summary for the position of interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review our “Outstanding Career Opportunities and Stay Updated by Subscribing to our RSS feed! Cotledge & Associates, Inc. – J. Cotledge #312-965-5278.