Chief Operations Officer – Nutritional Supplements or Health Foods Industry
Bloomingdale, Il 60108
Salary commensurate with experience.
Relocation is an option for this role.
• At least 10+ years’ experience in successfully managing multiple FDA dealing with regulatory governed manufacturing facilities.
• Responsibility for at least 1000 employees and Revenues of $250 million plus.
• Natural products from a Supplement or Health Food company experience desirable.
• Non-union leadership experience required.
- Has experience in lean six sigma with either a black or green belt, or equivalent process experience with a strong technology background.
Summary: Company is seeking a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization, leading a talented management team, and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse individuals. The COO must be a leader who is able to help others at the company to deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality.
- Advising and counseling management in planning; formulating activities and consulting with department leads on how to conduct these activities; supervising the operations and manufacturing department;
- Ensuring all activities relating to work are completed according to specifications and in compliance with all legal matters;
- Mediating between conflicting parties; assigning goals for departments and rewarding them once goals are achieved; motivating personnel to give quality service to the company;
- Following guidelines set by the CEO and the board of directors; as well as providing business plans to maximize growth and profit, among others.
- Directs activities for manufacturing operations at multi-site locations, supply chain, packaging, processing, receiving warehouse, purchasing, order fulfillment and engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and advanced degree preferred. Experience with distribution and inventory management required, preferably in a food-related industry. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in successfully managing multiple FDA governed manufacturing facilities.
- Management / Supervisory experience of at least 1000 employees and Revenues of 250 million plus.
- Natural products experience from a supplement company.
- Non-union leadership experience required
- Successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Has experience in lean six sigma with either a black or a green belt, or equivalent process experience.
- Supports goals of world-class manufacturing systems.
- Experience with distribution and inventory management required, preferably in a food-related industry.
- Must have adaptive agility.
- Healthy lifestyle a plus.
Review our “Outstanding Career Opportunities and Stay Updated by Subscribing to our RSS feed!
Cotledge & Associates, Inc. – J. Cotledge #312-965-5278.