Pharmaceutical Nutraceutical Food Processing Supervisor GMP
2 Roles here: 2 for 2nd shift.
Location – Sparks, NV 89431
Salary commensurate with Experience
Company may pay minimal relocation expenses
Key points: Must have excellent leadership skills, team building, employee relations, and ability to motivate teams. Must have some Pharmaceutical or Food Manufacturing industry experience. Must have worked with GMP ( Good Manufacturing Practices). Soft Gel experience a huge plus. This role is for 2nd shift only. Non Union Environment experience. Solid Business Acumen.
Summary: A Team Lead is one that oversees the production line (Processing or Packaging) and performs basic supervisory duties as directed by department manager, when the supervisor is absent from department. Ideally, the person will have supervised or managed a department of at least 20 employees. They should be skilled in interviewing and handling employee grievances. Looking to find out how they have handled employee issues, problem solving, communication skills, etc.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of Processing employees (Processing areas include Blending [powders and liquids], Capsule Filling, Tablet Making and Tablet Coating) by performing the following duties.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Learns the operation of and is familiar with routine maintenance of all processing machinery and equipment, including encapsulator, tablet press, blending equipment, roller compactor, fitzmill, and coating pan. Maintains all processing equipment.
- Interprets company policies, specifications and job orders to employees. Directs setup and adjustments of machines. Measures productivity on a daily basis, with goal of meeting standards.
- Communicates with other departments to requisition supplies, products and equipment necessary to meet production schedules.
- Develops/updates standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for all department activities.
- Works with other supervisors to solve common issues. Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Ensures that proper sanitation and health rules are followed by all department employees. Assigns duties; enforces safety regulations.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and grievances, or assists employees in solving work problems. Maintains processing records daily; fills out weekly reports as required.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications. Monitors quality control as needed to determine that all products and packaging are neat, clean, and correctly packed and labeled.
- Complies with safety and GMP requirements.
- Safety Responsibility Statement: Supports a culture of safe production and operations; follows all safety procedures. Responsible for safety performance in respective area.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees in processing on their shifts. Supervises processing employees in compliance with all production rules, policies, government regulations, company health and safety rules and quality standards.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ideally soft gel, Nutraceutical
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college, and/or currently pursuing degree
- Three to five years’ related experience.
- Must have excellent leadership skills, team building, employee relations, and ability to motivate teams.
- Must have some Pharmaceutical or Food Manufacturing industry experience.
- Must have worked with GMP ( Good Manufacturing Practices).
- This role is for 2nd shift only.
- Must have recent supervisory experience in a GMP environment.
- SoftGel experience a huge plus.
Bi-lingual skills (oral and written) in Spanish huge plus preferred
*” Who Do You Know That Might Be Interested In This Exciting Career Opportunity*
*OK, Now, Tell Them!*
*Dream Job, Next Exit!*
Candidate Career Interest: Please send your resume as a MS-word (.doc) or PDF attachment along with a short summary for the position of interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review our “Outstanding Career Opportunities and Stay Updated by Subscribing to our RSS feed! Cotledge & Associates, Inc. – J. Cotledge #312-965-5278.