Property Manager / Community Association Manager
Location: Chicago, IL. 60645
Duration – 1-year contract with option for renewal and ability to terminate by either party within 30 days notice.
Compensation: Monthly retainer $ fee on a corp. to corp. basis
Start Date: Sept 16, preferably no later than Sept. 23, 2013
Company will not provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
Summary: Client: North side of Chicago Townhouse Association consisting of 120 townhomes within the community. We are seeking a Community Association Property Manager to enable Townhouse homeowners dedicated in preserving, enhancing and maintaining/increasing the value of their real estate investments.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall management of operations, vendor negotiations/ service providers, marketing, and customer service disciplines aspects of the Association. Will have managed a 50+ townhouse (or similar) association homeowners’ community. Must be able to be on location at the association within 30 to 40 minutes when needed. Certifications: Preferred: IL Community Association Manager License or Certified Property Manager (CPM).
- Become intimately familiar with the BTA bylaws, procedures and processes.
- Manage the day-to-day operations function of the property, including conducting weekly visual inspections of the entire 120 townhomes within the community.
- Create and prepare weekly inspection reports updating the BTA Board members homeowners about the physical condition of the property, issues identified, and progress completion/resolution of actions items on a consistent basis.
- Maintain an open dialogue with BTA board members on vacancies, foreclosures, physical condition of property, and property management issues.
- Prepare and distribute weekly management reports to Board, providing updates on projects to the Board, and inform Board of general activities of the property.
- Maintain records on all aspects of management activity on a weekly basis, with summaries provided on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a record of all calls received and actions noted or taken.
- Serve as liaison with Association attorney as required.
- File annual reports with the State of Illinois.
- Maintain certificates of insurance and other requirements of the Association.
- Satisfy the requirements of the Board and homeowners in order to preserve and maintain/increase the value and integrity of the properties, meet the financial objectives of the ownership and management, and note/communicate to the Board any threats to such maintenance or increase in value.
- Property Manager will attend scheduled Board meetings as required.
- Prepare documents and coordinate the annual meeting of homeowners’ association meeting.
- Coordinate homeowner’s mailings or emails as required by Board, declaration or state law.
- Prepare and distribute homeowners’ correspondence, notices, bulletins, etc.
- Prepare materials for organizing and participating in meetings of the community.
- Provide guidance and advice to the Board and to the community townhouse association on policy issues
Home Owners Relations:
- Investigating and resolving homeowner’s complaints in a timely, efficient, and efficient manner.
- Respond to email requests and phone calls from Board of Directors and homeowners with in 24 hours. (Except when on duly notified vacation, where an alternate contact will be referenced).
- Enforce rules and regulations, townhouse association’s By-laws with tact and diplomacy, quickly resolving issues (especially emergency issues).
- Secures property by contracting with towing service, establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Advise, assist and ensure that existing and new homeowners to the townhome association community are aware of the rules and regulations, and bylaws pertaining to the homeowner’s property.
- Maintain a high level of customer service standards, responds clearly and in a timely and respectful manner to homeowners’ needs and issues, and ensures resolution.
- Prepare paid assessment letters and coordinates closings for homeowners.
Community Property Management:
- Negotiate and manage contracts with outside vendors, service providers: including snow removal services, towing services, insurance, and public works, etc.
- Assists the BTA Board in performing due diligence duties such as preparing and reviewing bid proposals as directed. Monitor association contracts. Meet with vendors and negotiate contracts as directed by the Board and in the best interest of the Association. Direct and monitor hired contractors.
- Work with homeowners, local government, and community organizations to provide synergy among all stakeholders and providers.
- Maintain and administer building contracts, prepare competitive bids for approval by Board and submit contract renewals to Board for approval
- Provide on-call duties after hours for emergencies.
- Maintains the community’s records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading relevant professional publications; maintaining business networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of market conditions.
- Obtain, analyze, and communicate vital information about government zoning rules and regulations, future property values, taxes, population growth, and traffic volume around the property.
- Be committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- 5+ years of property management experience, of which consist 2 years of community townhouse or similar homeowner’s association management.
- 3 years of supervisory/management (hire/fire authority) experience.
- Should have existing vendor relationships with Snow plowing service providers in their current portfolio.
- Thorough understanding of relevant local, state and federal legislation and regulations pertaining to Homeowners Associations.
- IL Community Association Manager License (CAM) or Certified Property Manager (CPM) highly desired/preferred.
- Reliable auto transportation and must be within 30 to 40 minutes driving from community townhouse association.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing skills.
- Extremely strong customer relationships building, business oriented professional with strong interpersonal and business communication skills.
- Ability to work with, ease in dealing with senior management, and results oriented with an ability to think creatively and be able to implement creative ideas.
- Successful Negotiator, strong working knowledge of contracts and agreements negotiation experience.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills and a successful record of accomplishment of delivering solutions and meet deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge and proficient in Property Management software, MS Office products (Word, Excel), Sales and Financial database software.
- Understanding of financial and accounting principals, working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must interact effectively with all levels of management and external contacts.
- Must work well under pressure, exercise good judgment when making decisions and handle stressful situations in a mature, professional manner.
- Extensive experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision to implementation.
- Licensed Real Estate Broker (in most states) is a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, or High school diploma, some college coursework’s.
“Who Do You Know That Might Be Interested In This Exciting Career Opportunity?
“Your Friends, Relatives or Business Associates?
OK, Now, Tell Them!
Candidate Career Interest: Please send your company property management profile, and / or resume as a MS-word (.doc) or PDF attachment along with a short summary for the position of interest: email@example.com
Review our “Outstanding Career Opportunities and Stay Updated by Subscribing to our RSS feed! Cotledge & Associates, Inc. – J. Cotledge #312-965-5278.